I started writing this list a couple of years ago, but never seem to be able to think of 30 things – then whilst I’m thinking I go and complete them, before making the post! So here’s my revised list of things to do in the the next ~3 years:
Do the Perth City to Surf 12km runin under 120 9080 minutes (why do I keep drafting this list and not posting it until after I’ve done these things?!).
- Jog 5km in under 30 minutes.
- Do a hike or decent trail walk.
- Be able to touch my toes.
- Be able to do 50 proper pushups.
- Learn (at least) basic conversational Mandarin.
- Own a property.
- Visit each state in Australia (still have Northern Territory and Tasmania to go; only been to South Australia and Queensland years ago so could do with another visit).
- Explore more of Western Australia (I think most tourists have seen more than I have!).
- Go to Europe.
- Go to South America.
- Master the art of travelling with carry-on luggage only.
- Take a painting class.
- Grow an edible plant from seed to maturity.
- Learn how to make beautifully fitting pants and jackets.
- Set up some kind of modest passive income.
- Learn how to make cheese.
- Learn about canning, especially tomatoes
- Care for a smaller creature (could be a baby, could be a cat, could be sea monkeys. I’m keeping this one open).
- Donate blood (and continue doing so).
- Learn some basic woodworking skills.
- Knit or crochet something big (and not a scarf).
- Do a big group trip
episodewith my group of friends (see: pretty much every anime or sitcom series ever).
- Get something letterpressed.
- Have crazy hair.
- Learn some basic car maintenance skills.
- Do a first aid course.
- Visit a Disney theme park.
- Spend some time volunteering.
- Plan an awesome 30th birthday party.
It was interesting to see a few things on various lists around the net that I’ve already done:
- Fallen in love (I don’t understand how this can be a goal, to be honest – is it really something you have control over and can work towards?)
- Walked across a glacier (Franz Josef, New Zealand, 2011)
- Started my own business (freelancing web + graphic design, from 2009)
- Found a job I’m happy in (see above)
- Travelled overseas alone (Japan, 2009)
- Slept under the stars (shore of Lake Biwa, Japan, 2009)
- Watched the sun set and rise (after sleeping not very well under the stars!)
- Had artwork displayed in an exhibition (Candy Cult, 2008)
- Learned the basics of a foreign language (Indonesian and Japanese, both mostly forgotten now but it still counts right?)
- Baked a cake/cookies from scratch (uh, this is easy dudes – just find a good recipe and follow along)
- Paid off student debts (living at home until a bit after finishing university and only doing a 3 year degree probably helped)
- Learned how to use the manual settings on a DSLR (easy once you get someone to show you, then it’s just a matter of practice)
- Travelled around in a campervan (South island of New Zealand, 2011)
- Snorkelled in the Great Barrier Reef (2010)
- Did the World’s Greatest Shave (2012)
- Got to a weight/size that I’m comfortable with (just recently)
Do you have a bucket list, or things that you want to do before you turn 30?