Recently I had a conversation with friends where I boastingly guestimated that I owned only around 10 pairs of shoes. Today I decided to actually go through what I had properly – apparently I’m a liar, because I appear to have over 20 pairs.
I wear three of those (black ballet flats, blue flats, black flat boots) 95% of the time and really can’t justify (or easily store) 20+ pairs of shoes, so I decided to do a bit of a cull. Here’s what I ended up with:
- 1 pair of jogging shoes
- 1 pair of thongs (need replacing with something nicer and more comfortable)
- 3 pairs of flats (black, blue, yellow)
- 1 pair of low wedges (aqua)
- 6 pairs of pumps with stiletto heels of varying heights (yellow patent, nude patent, pink patent, red suede, grey suede)
- 1 pair of black strappy heels (need replacing with something more comfy)
- 1 pair of peeptoes (yellow patent)
- 2 pairs of boots (both black, one with heels one without)
- 1 pair of wedge ankle boots (black)
I ended up also getting rid of the white peeptoes, wedge sandals and brown boots in this picture as they’re all falling apart and haven’t seen much wear in the past year.
That leaves me with 17 pairs of shoes. Not quite the 10 I was boasting about but at least it all fits nicely into my wardrobe now. There’s a few ‘essentials’ I feel like I’m missing (sandals, nice sneakers,
cowboy boots) but generally I feel like this is enough shoes for me.
How many pairs of shoes do you have?